“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
— Aaron Siskind
I have been photographing weddings for 14 years now and I have been a full time photographer for the last 2. This has really allowed me to hyper focus my attention to being as productive at weddings as I can be.
- I love detailed wedding timelines and leave little notes to myself on them.
- If your grandparents are attending your wedding I will make them get in a photo of just them.
- I like to take photos with my film camera & have been called a tourist. Ha!
- I have won awards, been published, and have been featured in magazines.
- I have 2 of the cutest dogs ever.
- My 3 nieces are my world.
- The guy in that picture is kinda cute and I kinda like him... a lot ;)
- I'm half Dutch and super proud of that. Still learning to speak Dutch.
- I laugh a lot. I think I spend more time laughing than anything.
- Cute coffee mugs are my jam right now.
- I have an accounting degree oddly enough with a Spanish minor.
- I love phone calls. A good quality conversation makes my day.
"Once a year go somewhere you have never been before"- Dalai Lama
This year it was Utrecht, Netherlands to visit the home my grandparents grew up in and see the rest of my family. Next year the options are endless.
My love for photography is dedicated to my love for my grandparents. They came over from The Netherlands to build a better life after helping to sneak Jewish people to safety during the war. I want to honor them by giving people memories to look back on for generations to come.
These two are what wake me up in the morning. Literally. They are the sweetest, little cuddle bugs. The light of my day. To watch them play makes my heart happy. They have brought a joy into my life that I didn't know could exist. We are their humans and they are our fur babies.